MDAC has numerous internship opportunities for students and graduates from across the globe with a strong academic record and desire to further the rights of people with mental health issues and people with intellectual disabilities.
Current and past interns have worked with MDAC on various issues such as freedom from torture, the right to legal capacity, inclusive education and access to justice. Interns usually have the chance to contribute to all of MDAC’s activities such as litigation, advocacy and research on international human rights issues.
MDAC welcomes the opportunity to establish partnerships between its internship program and academic institutions. Current partnerships include the Central European University and University of Chicago Law School.
1. Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in MDAC’s work and a strong desire to further the rights of people with intellectual disabilities and/or mental health issues.
2. Applicants must be older than 18 years. Graduate students are preferred, thus encouraged to apply.
3. Applicants must be able to commit at least six weeks of full-time work as an intern. Ideally the internship shall last for a minimum of eight weeks and a maximum of twelve weeks.
4. For applicants interested in our strategic litigation work, we generally only accept applications from students or graduates of law – the applicant should have completed at least two (2) years of full-time studies towards the completion of a university law degree.
In exceptional cases we might also consider applications not meeting the above criteria.
1) a current CV, highlighting experience and education relevant to the internship;
2) the completed application form (see above) and
3) a maximum two pages long essay on a chosen topic relevant to MDAC’s work and strategy. The essay should show individual research and have a clear line of argumentation.
Please send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDAC offers its expertise and gratitude, but no funding.
If you are a representative of an academic institution and are interested in learning more about the unique opportunities we can offer your students and graduates, please contact email@example.com.