We rely on your financial support to do our work.
We are an international human rights organisation which fights for and protects the rights of children and adults with intellectual and psycho-social disabilities.
We aim to prevent abuses such as:
- torture and ill-treatment
- stripping of legal person-hood, resulting in complete loss of power
- being blocked from using the law to secure equality
- removal from society into remote unmonitored institutions
- exclusion from school, learning and education
- losing the right to vote
We do this by taking strategic cases to court, creating a legal deterrent to prevent future abuse by existing or new perpetrators. This is supported by advocacy and supporting disabled people to fight for their own rights.
Your donation is crucial to us.
With your help, we will provide the best impact for large numbers of people with disabilities, where it is needed the most and where it will work the hardest.
The change which you help create will be long-lasting and ultimately prevent much larger numbers of people with disabilities being subject to abuses in the future.